Monday, August 24, 2009

WHERE HAVE ALL THE ROLE MODELS GONE? PT.2

Why doesn't anyone want to be a role model anymore? I think it all started in the early 90's with the Nike campaign with Charles Barkley, "I am not a role model". It seems after that, much of marketing and society jumped on the band wagon. I mean really.....these public celebrity figures have tons of money and everything in life accept "class" apparently for the fact that they don't wanna help, lead or impact the lives of their fans? I have met many celebs and personal heroes in person and can tell you I was disappointed when I met them. Douche bag deville people. My biggest role model in my life is my father. Morals, ethics, accomplishments, and class. He was a leader to many and still is. In a celebrity role model, my fav. was Darrell Abbott of Pantera. He is one of the few that was a class act and treated people the way he would want to be treated when i met him (several times). So why is it seem now that all society celebrity persons now strive and race to be the baddest and biggest by indulging and promoting a lifestyle excess and bad behavior? (i.e. drugs, sex, conduct, crime, materialism). We are now reaching the max point of such behavior. So what next. Why do the new celebs coming on the scene think keep trying? (its all been done by now, and most have died trying lol) Let me know what you think!!
Patrick Stark
Executive Chef
"The Stark Raving Chef"
www.StarkRavingChef.com
http://starkravingchef.blogspot.com/
www.myspace.com/StarkRavingChef
www.facebook.com/StarkRavingChef
www.twitter.com/StarkRavingChef

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU! STAY MOHAWK FRIENDLY!